[plug] new lappy, just move "home" ?

Rod bwarff at obsidian.com.au
Thu Aug 18 11:21:44 WST 2005

ive kept the same unix home for almost 10 years now.
by and large you can just copy /home/<foo> across to the new machine

the only troubles are when 'specific' applications have changed their
data formats since your last install.. so they stuff up on a case by
case basis... and you deal with that by deleting the rotters.

gnome is such a mmoving target, it usually benefits from having its old
configurations deleted... tho not always.

application configs hide away as 'dot files' in your homedir.