[plug] Exim Aliases Problem

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 22:28:08 WST 2005

I have a subdomain on the bur.st server and I'm trying to do some
scripting. What I want is an email to be sent to an address, which
then just feeds it into a script. I know this is possible with
procmail but I don't want all my mail going through procmail, so no
matter which method I still have this problem. (i.e. I can't get my
aliases file to call procmail ether, and I have a catch all at the
end)

Basically I read that I can just specify a program and pipe for an alias.
So I have this.
carrots: "| mail weirdo -s testing"
Unfortunately when I send an email to carrots at .... I get the following (edited)
---
The Postfix program
<"| mail weirdo -s testing"@bur.st> (expanded from
<carrots at nospamweirdo.bur.st>):
   unknown user: "| mail weirdo -s testing"
---
I tried to use an include file as well, this also didn't work.
Is it likely that bur.st doesn't have the pipe transport in exim and
this is why it's not working?

I'm almost at the stage that I'm going to use my plug account for
this. I really don't want to though.

Tim