Leon's /. account (was Re: [plug] Re: Linux trademark license fees?)

Mike Holland myk.list at westnet.com.au
Fri Aug 19 16:15:45 WST 2005

simon wrote:

>>I still have a $20 fine to pay because I forgot to vote at the last one.
>>For someone with an active interest in politics, its a bit embarassing.

Can't you just send a letter saying "sorry, I was sick" ?

> Dont feel bad - there's only one party on the ballot these days..... Laboral.

Welcome to "representative democracy".
In countries where there is a genuine choice of candidates, its even
worse though. Look at Italy.

Or would you really want to live in a country where every decision was
put to a popular vote?

Now, I'll find out if "Followup-To:" propagates sucessfully to the
mailing list "Reply-To:" .