[plug] Online music services and Linux?

Mike Holland myk.list at westnet.com.au
Sat Aug 20 13:44:33 WST 2005

There is no 'legit' way to pay for and download mainstream MP3 music in
Australia. The same for iPods.
   It just like cassette players and VCRs. For decades, Australians have
been setting their VCRs to record TV while they are out, or copying
their CD collection to tape for use in the car or walkman. Its all
illegal and we don't know or don't care.
    So just buy or borrow the albums that you like and rip them.

 > I want to pay for a song, download it, and move it to either cd or mp3=
>  player without having to deal with MicroSoft and their crap Digital Rights=
>  Management. Bascially, if I pay for it, I want to be able to use it!

Don't blame Apple or Microsoft. Its the studios, who are rightly scared
because we don't need them any more.