[plug] [OT] Soft Eng .vs. Comp Sci

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 16:19:40 WST 2005

Ok, ok. so this should go to some other list. But really, I need a
little bit of help from professionals that I can trust.
Basically I'm stuck between Software Engineering and Computer Science.
So far for all the jobs I've looked at on the net advertised as
'Software Engineering' jobs and all of them require a BS or MS in Comp
Sci. So far I've not seen Software Engineering jobs. Atm I'm not
enjoying the software Eng course and am thinking of changing to Comp
Sci. (Common first year reasons)
I'm really just looking for advice about the differences in the
degree's for when I actually graduate, and peoples person opinions as
to what I should do. My reasons for wanting to drop Soft Eng are to do
with Mechanics, Elect Systems, and Chemistry in common first year.
Yer, I know I /could/ put my mind to it and do them, but I don't work
well on stuff I don't enjoy, and I have no enjoyable units, and no
electives to second year.

Thanks a lot

Tim
p.s. I'm in first sems, so I have a year to go :(