[plug] wireless card problem

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Aug 28 17:00:41 WST 2005

The card works fine with 64bit wep under gentoo (all my old orinoco card
could do).  I installed the madwifi drivers and "adjusted" the scripts
for ath0 instead of eth2 which was created for the original orinoco card
and its worked nicely for about 3 weeks.

Since this morning I have been struggling with wpa_supplicant and just
got that going (had a zero in the SSID intsead of a capitol "o" as just
one of the "issues" - it worked coz it fooled me for awhile!)  Other
than having to be careful about halting net.ath0 (hard crash!) without
pulling the card first, it works fine.  The last part of the day is
trying to smooth out an openvpn tunnel over the interface, which I am
almost happy with (multiple routing issues :(  .  The last job is to get
a cisco vpn working inside openvpn ... and thats being a real pig!

BillK

On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 10:22 +0800, Caleb Duggan wrote:
> Ok, just tested it without WEP and it works fine
>
> On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 09:46:19 +0800, simon <simon at plumtek.com> wrote:
>
> > Caleb Duggan (caleb.duggan at gmail.com) wrote:
> >>
> >> does anyone know howto get the netgear WG511T wireless card to connect
> >> a WGT624 wireless router with 128bit WEP encryption?
> >
> > Does the card work without WEP?
> >
> > I had problems getting my card working at all (a netgear WG511) and, with
> > mandriva at least, it was attempting to load the linux driver (prism)
> > for it
> > but the card doesnt work with that driver (I cant remember the exact
> > reasons,
> > but it simply wont work with that driver)........ I ended up having to
> > use the
> > windows XP driver with ndiswrapper..... google around and youll find the
> > answer.
> >
> > --
> > Simon Scott
> > simon at plumtek.com