[plug] Xmms and mp3

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 12:17:06 WST 2005

On 8/31/05, Richard Meyer <meyerri at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> Can't remember who it was, but someone was asking about SUSE and .mp3
> and XMMS. Well, I just noticed that YOU (Yast Online Update) gives an
> option to download a "Multimedia Option pack 1", which contains xine-mad
> which supplies .mp3 support to xine, and another component is
> lib-xmms-mad which just may supply .mp3 support for xmms as well.

Just a warning. There is the mad decoder, and a mpg321 decoder. Both
work, your millage my differ as to which is better. I can't rememeber
atm which is better, and as I no longer have any MP3's handy (I have a
lot of Ogg's) I can't test it for you.

Tim
p.s. if you really want a test i'll do it for you.