[plug] CUPS and Ubuntu

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Thu Dec 1 12:19:45 WST 2005

I don't use Ubuntu, but from what I've read of it, the root user has no
password set and everything is done via sudo.

If that is the case you can set a password for the root user which
should allow direct root logins and things like CUPS to work.

su to the root user in a terminal and type: passwd

Follow the prompt and set a password for root and see what CUPS thinks
of it.

Regards,

Ryan