[plug] Samba as a PDC

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 08:45:39 WST 2005

On 12/3/05, simon <simon at chrome64.org> wrote:
> Jon  Miller (jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au) wrote:
> >
> > Is this a XP Pro SP2 machine?
> >

> This is very relevant....... I seem to recall a registry hack being required?

This hack, applies to all Windows computers, from 2000 up. It is ONLY
required if you DON'T want to use encrypted passwords. (Windows 98 and
ME had problems with encrypted passwords. I think the easiest solution
was to fix all 2000, and XP computers, rather than try and fix the
other boxes!)

Are you planning on putting windows 98 machines on the domain? From
the sounds of it. No. So make sure you haven't applied the hack.

What is the error message you are getting?

(For the record, I have 2 XP Pro SP2 machines on my domain, and 1
windows 2000. None needed the hack cause I'm using the default, of
encrypted passwords)

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956