[plug] Sarge installation problem

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Mon Dec 5 19:25:40 WST 2005

I've installed Debian Sarge as a desktop on a PC and whenever it boots I cannot get the X system to start.  I use this system on a MyHopper KVM 2-PC unit switch box.
Some of the errors I get are as follows:
(EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/mice
 No such device.
(EE) Configured Mouse: cannot open input device
(EE) PreInit failed for input device "Configured Mouse"

I'm using a MS Wheel Optical Mouse which I've tried using both as a PS/2 and USB.

Any ideal what I've done wrong?

Jon