[plug] Sarge installation problem

Lance Duivenbode lduivenb-mlist at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 6 09:16:11 WST 2005

You could also try adding the line:

    "AllowMouseOpenFail"      "true"

to the XF86Config file under the "ServerFlags" section. This will allow
X to start without a mouse and hopefully the mouse will still work
correctly. I've found this works sometimes with some KVM's that don't
respond correctly to mouse reset commands from X (that's usually how it
determines whether a mouse is connected or not).

Lance