[plug] Sarge installation problem

Ashley Jennings fooscope at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 13:05:08 WST 2005

A couple of possible solutions

seeing if your mouse on psaux by changing to

     Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"

in your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 or /etc/X11/xorg.conf

a workaround in X ( which will allow mouse to be used in console also
) is to install the General Purpose Mouse Interface with

# apt-get install gpm

and then use the mouse data from

     Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"

I've not tried using gpmdata in X so YMMV .

Ashley
http://gumnut.sf.net

PS    to anyone translating unfamiliar acronyms like YMMV. It is
easier with a program called "wtf" which exists in the bsdgames
package on Debian.
usage is

$ wtf ymmv
YMMV: your mileage may vary