[plug] wget

Craig Foster craig at fostware.net
Tue Dec 6 13:50:29 WST 2005

?
From: plug-bounces at plug.org.au on behalf of Jim Householder
Sent: Tue 06-Dec-05 1:35 PM
To: plug at plug.org.au
Subject: [plug] wget

Hi

I downloaded Knoppix 4.0.2 using wget.  2 restarts were required, one
because of a disconnect, and the other disk full.  The md5sum check
failed, so I tried again.  One restart needed.  Again the md5sum check
failed.

The 2 copies are the same according to cmp.

Is there a problem with wget or the way I'm using it?
     wget --limit-rate=20k --input-file=/home/jim/wget-in
and
     wget --limit-rate=20k --input-file=/home/jim/wget-in -c
to continue.

Or is there an md5sum problem, like wrong version or something?

TIA
Jim

Rsync is your friend... It works by comparing and then downloading the differences between your file and the server's.

Simple explanation at http://contribs.org/modules/phpwiki/index.php/SME%20Server%20Rsync

Where are you downloading Knoppix from?

CraigF.