[plug] Unattended

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com
Fri Dec 9 15:47:36 WST 2005

Senectus . wrote:
> On 12/9/05, Gregory Orange <gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com> wrote:
>>russell at pdxn.net wrote:
>>
>>>Has anybody had any experience with using unattended?
>>>(http://unattended.sf.net/)
>>
>>Yeah, I've got it rolled out here for WinXP and Win2k desktops. Even
>>some laptops. It can do great things, whereas I'm just doing very good
>>things with it.
>
> I have to admit.. if it lives up to half of what it promises then It's
> sold to me..

Coupled with Windows Packager (wpkg.sf.net) it looks like it can be an
amazing setup. Automation is a wonderful thing. That said, applications
take a bit of work at first to get the settings all right, silent
switches and whatnot.
Company culture here means forcing a SOE onto people is an
impossibility, but one will be born eventually simply through attrition.
This is largely because I can say "Oh you have a problem? Well, give me
a couple of hours, I'll back it up and format it." (:

Greg.