[plug] Slackware Mail Server

Benjamin Woods woodsb02 at iinet.net.au
Sat Dec 10 12:44:47 WST 2005

Hey guys,

I am trying to set up a slackware mail server.

I want it to be accessible via pop3, imap and a webmail interface.
This is just on my home server, and purely so that I can learn.
I want to use slackware, and i want to use sendmail.
I was thinking squirrelmail would be good for the webmail.

My server is on a dynamic ip, and uses dyndns with kite.homelinux.net.
This reaches my router, which then forwards it to my server.
I have set up the port forwarding fine.

I currently have sendmail appearing to work (i think... how do i test
exactly?), and it can receive emails if i email bwoods at
kite.homelinux.net.

I have an email with iinet: woodsb02 at iinet.net.au
I am downloading those emails with fetchmail which polls every 120
seconds and uses pop3. I had a problem that when it downloaded the
emails, it would sometimes send an email to the sender which looked like
this: