[plug] Slackware Mail Server

Mark J Gaynor mark at mjg.id.au
Mon Dec 12 20:19:32 WST 2005

Hey guys,

I think you are chasing the problem from the wrong end. It appears
that the domain is REAL as it resolves. I get an IP address for
kite.homelinux.net. - This is a good start, that means that everything
at *.homelinux.net will get to that IP address, including any mail.

The question must be asked is  kite.homelinux.net been delegated
properly. If it has not then a lot if things will be broken. To get mail
from xyz at iinet.net.au to xyz at kite.homelinux.net is as simple as
forwarding the mail from one to the other. I'm sure iinet allow their
users to forward mail. If you a shell account, just put the new
address in a file in your home directory and name it .forward. (that's
dot_forward as it is a hidden file) All mail to that user get redirected
to the new address.

I have done this stuff many times before and have never had to use
fetchmail. If you have to go to that extent to get mail on
kite.homelinux.net then I would suggest that there is a delegation issue.

Mail me off list or call me 0429112704 and we can continue with the
problem.

Mark