[plug] Myth TV v's PVR & DVD Recorder

Peter Tran intra at sonnet-tech.com.au
Tue Dec 13 08:37:54 WST 2005

Although this is more likely for Sat people, I would look into using a Dream
Multimedia "Dreambox" for this.

Dreamboxes run linux natively so not only does it feed the inner geek, the
hardware and software are pretty sound and to date my box has not missed a
beat.

Although I have not tested this, I am pretty sure it can be done. On the
dreambox an extra SCART connection is provided for VCR input, so if you
could munster up a RCA to SCART cable from your HDTV or VCR you could record
the program to the onboard harddisk interface and then samba the file across
the wire from your dreambox to linux pc or windows pc for processing.

Very handy PVR functions for me as usually the good shows are during
business hours on foxtel so I just port forward a port from my router and
via the webgui select which programs I wish to record.

Pete.