[plug] hmmm Linus being opinionated again :-P

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 14:18:32 WST 2005

On 12/13/05, Russell Steicke <r.steicke at bom.gov.au> wrote:
> > http://lists.osdl.org/pipermail/desktop_architects/2005-December/000390.html
>
> It's worth following the thread a bit more (click on the "Next
> Message" link at the bottom), and reading the responses from Havoc
> Pennington.  He's quite reasonable in his replies, especially
> considering the tone of the messages he's replying to, and explains
> some of the background to the gnome design decisions.
yeah I've been reading on..
Havoc sounds very much like the cool calm and collected version of
Linus that I'm more used to ;-)

this bit cracks me up:

I'm typing this in a gmail text box that is maybe 15 lines high,
clearly optimized for people who send reasonable-length email instead
of Havoc-length email. I'm sure reporting this to the gmail people
would result in them thinking "we aren't going to optimize our stuff
for this crazy nutjob" but they'd probably be clever enough not to
explain it that way which is where they're one-up on my window manager
maintenance techniques.

--
Ubuntu Breezy 5.10
  I will write on a huge cement block "By accepting this brick through