[plug] change settings

Jonathan Young jonathan at pcphix.com
Tue Dec 13 18:04:50 WST 2005

David wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> i need to change my settings on my computer to get on the net with
> ADSL please. how i do that please?
>
> david

Hi David,

I can see from your email address that you are with Concept Networks.  I
have done some work for them in the past and know their service quite
well, I think.

What exact problems are you having?  What have you tried so far?

You mentioned (I think it was you) in a previous email that you are
running Debian Sarge - can we have some more details please?  Are you
working from the command line or using X to make these changes?

What is the modem?  Brand?  USB?  Ethernet?  Other computers connected
to your main PC or the modem?

You also mentioned DHCP, but I'm not sure what you were asking about.

If you send more details / more specific questions to answer, perhaps
some of us can help.

--
Jonathan Young
Director of PC-PHIX