[plug] change settings

David davidatt at conceptual.net.au
Tue Dec 13 20:56:13 WST 2005

Jonathan Young wrote:
> David wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> i need to change my settings on my computer to get on the net with
>> ADSL please. how i do that please?
>>
>> david
>>
> Hi David,
>
> I can see from your email address that you are with Concept Networks.  I
> have done some work for them in the past and know their service quite
> well, I think.
>
> What exact problems are you having?  What have you tried so far?
>
> You mentioned (I think it was you) in a previous email that you are
> running Debian Sarge - can we have some more details please?  Are you
> working from the command line or using X to make these changes?
>
> What is the modem?  Brand?  USB?  Ethernet?  Other computers connected
> to your main PC or the modem?
>
> You also mentioned DHCP, but I'm not sure what you were asking about.
>
> If you send more details / more specific questions to answer, perhaps
> some of us can help.
>
> --
> Jonathan Young
> Director of PC-PHIX
> jonathan at pcphix.com
>
> Phone: 0410 455 674
> Web: http://www.pcphix.com/

Hi jonathan,

the problum is i have to change the settings on the computer at the same
  on my modem,

my modem is Ethernet. you are running Debian Sarge yes i am this way.

what i have dun is with them is to put put the User ID
davidatt at conceptual.net.au and put the password in ******** Protocol
PPPoE then vpi 8 and vci 35 in and save it that is all i have dun this
way with them too. this is a Basic Quick Start.

Are you working from the command line or using X to make these changes?
i need to do this on my computer now. i need to change the settings.

more info is conceptual have had a look the the modem is coneting to
them but it disconnet in a short while.

wair i do this is from the Web Browser to connet to the modem from the
computer. PC to Modem.

david