[plug] hmmm Linus being opinionated again :-P

simon simon at chrome64.org
Tue Dec 13 18:18:43 WST 2005

Jonathan Young (jonathan at pcphix.com) wrote:

> >Let us focus on our target market, today's Mr and Mrs average, this
> >is where acceptance will come from. If they can't get it going for
> >themselves they are less likely to consider this is the new age
> >operating system and is it for them. Probably not, its too hard to get it
> >going!
> >

> Very well written!  That is the most concise written version I've seen
> of what I am constantly saying to other people.
>
> I agree!!

Who defines what our target market is?

Personally I couldnt care less if Mr and Mrs Average can install and run
linux. It doesnt affect my use any. If Linux became idiot-proof, Id probably
stop using it.

However, there's no reason why different WMs or whatever cant target different
audiences. Gnome have chosen the average end user, it appears, and thats fine.
Ill continue to use KDE thanks :)

--
Simon Scott
simon at chrome64.org