[plug] hmmm Linus being opinionated again :-P

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Wed Dec 14 09:57:41 WST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 06:05 +0800, Senectus . wrote:
> well some bugger posted it to slashdot
> http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/12/13/1340215&tid=121&tid=131&tid=189&tid=106
> I bet Linus' ears are feeling warm  :-/
>
> Typically most of the /. crowd missed the point and _didn't_ read all
> the e-mails.

One of the reasons that most people I know don't pay that much attention
to /.   - It's a great service, but if I wanted informed opinion, a
kindy playground would be a better place.

Tell me if I'm wrong but there seems to be the sort of attitude towards
Linus as there was toward Elvis, "He was great in his day, if he'd died
a few years ago, he'd be revered like Hendrix or Morrison, but now he's
on a downward slope" - It also doesn't help that he's made money - seems
that some of the kiddies can't stand to see anyone make money. ;-).

And then perhaps we should take it to Off-topic.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
   --Philip K. Dick

Linux Counter user #306629