[plug] change settings and what to do

David davidatt at conceptual.net.au
Wed Dec 14 12:24:28 WST 2005

 >> Hi guys
 >>
 >> the problum is i have to change the settings on the computer at the
same  on my modem,

 >> my modem is Ethernet. you are running Debian Sarge yes i am this way.
 >>
 >> what i have dun is with them is to put put the User ID
davidatt at conceptual.net.au and put the password in ******** Protocol
PPPoE then vpi 8 and vci 35 in and save it that is all i have dun this
way with them too. this is a Basic Quick Start.

 >> Are you working from the command line or using X to make these
changes? i need to do this on my computer now. i need to change the
settings.

 >> more info is conceptual have had a look the the modem is coneting to
them but it disconnet in a short while.

 >> wair i do this is from the Web Browser to connet to the modem from
the computer. PC to Modem.

 > David,
 >
 > If you have a Computer Angels computer and your ISP provider is
PPPoe, then all you have to do is:

 > 1. ensure that your modem (ADSL) is ON
 > 2. click on "Internet Settings' available from the tools menu, and
select "Broadband (ADSL), and Save.

i have dun this all ready on my computer.

i will give it a go and see how it go this way. and i will let yous all
know how i go with it.

Connection to internet Fail.

i have problums with ADSL Connection to the internet cannot be established

tips:
please check your username and password.

please click OK to continue.

i have try this 4 times now and i can not get it to work yet

Connection information        Basic Home
DSL                                                   UP
Downstream / Upstream                                 1536/64
(Kbps)
internet                                              Not Connected
Connected Time
     0
Connection Type

                              PPPoE
Username:
davidatt at conceptual.net.au
IP Address              N/A
Default Gateway         N/A
Primary DNS             N/A
Secondary DNS           N/A
System Uptime
Model                   NB5 ADSL2+
Serial Number           none
Firmware Version        62.51.1-004
Ethernet MAC address    00:30:0A:34:71:28
DSL MAC address           00:30:0A:34:71:2a
USB MAC address         00:30:0A:34:71:29
NAT                     Enabled
Firewall                Disabied

LOCAL NETWORK

LAN IP Address           192.168.1.1