[plug] Re: Serial console woes

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 15:26:57 WST 2005

> What I'm not getting is the output on the other end. I'm using minicom
> with standard 9600,8n1 port settings, but it never receives anything.
> It's supposedly in "offline" mode at the bottom, is there anything
> that needs to be done to make it connect (or think it's already
> connected)?

Finally worked it out (thanks MattK on IRC) - it seems minicom _has_
to start with the correct port settings (either default, or loading a
config file) - changing the settings with Ctrl-A, O after it's started
doesn't initialise it properly, or something :(

Andrew

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.