[plug] AMD64 Debian Box3N :D

Randal Adamson ranz at devdata.net
Tue Dec 20 09:16:44 WST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 10:44 +0800, Craig Foster wrote:
> ?
> Mike Holland wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> The 2MB cache, AMD64 Pentium IVs (the ones with 6xx model numbers) are
> rather nice too, if you can get over the insane heat output.
>
> <snip>

I think he meant EMT64. These Intel chips have a different cache than
AMD. We "could" get into an interesting discussion about how L2 and L3
Cache differs ;)

Back onto my topic, the Shuttle that runs the SKT939 (SN95G5B) is
considerably quieter than my SKT478 (SB61G2-S) (has a Prescott 3.2GHz
CPU in it). I find this amazing as the 939 has a larger power supply
(330W vs 250W - and Shuttle PSU's are rated higher than the "Joey Chan"
PSU's that you buy cheap), faster technology and newer hardware.
Generally speaking, things have gotten hotter and fans noisier to combat
the newer stuff. I'm just overally impressed.
--
Enjoy!

Ranz