[plug] AMD64 Debian Box3N :D

Daniel Foote freefoote at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 09:19:06 WST 2005

I think what was meant to be said was about Intel's AMD64-like chip.
It's generally referred to as "EMT64", and works quite similarly to
the AMD64 chip. It actually uses the same "technology" under licence
from AMD (so it can do the 32-bit stuff too). As I understand...

I also understand that at this point they are inferior, due to not
having a decent memory controller built into them, unlike the AMD64.
But I can't verify this... and I'm sure Intel will fix this up, in
time.

Not that I have one. I've got a real AMD64 chip now, and I'm also
running Debian AMD64 on it. I also have a 32-bit chroot on it - a
necessary evil, for the moment. But all the 64 bit native stuff works
very well! I haven't done any benchmarks, though.

Daniel.