[plug] AMD64 Debian Box3N :D

Randal Adamson ranz at devdata.net
Tue Dec 20 11:30:22 WST 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 10:10 +0800, Bernd Felsche wrote:
> Daniel Foote <freefoote at gmail.com> writes:
> Why the chroot? SuSE supports both 32- and 64-bit applications
> "transparently" on the same root.
>
> There are some shennanigans with lib/lib64 etc. but it works quite
> smoothly in mixed mode.

That's great if you want to use SuSE - which I also like. But I'm still
a big fan of Debian.

I haven't had the chance to install the latest SUSE 10.
Have they made it easier to install software? (i.e. vs APT)
Is there a local WAIX-enabled mirror for SUSE stuff?
Are Novell locking down the "updates" and making you pay for
"maintenance"?

The work around for Debian is kinda easy and not too much pain. I heard
that the amd64-debian team are "pushing" Debian to make a similar
release in the new year.

--
Enjoy!

Ranz