[plug] AMD64 Debian Box3N :D

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Mon Dec 19 23:58:06 WST 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 11:30 +0800, Randal Adamson wrote:

> I haven't had the chance to install the latest SUSE 10.
> Have they made it easier to install software? (i.e. vs APT)

Yast is pretty easy, but apt4rpm is in the Yast repository - so install
it and apt-get as much as you want.

> Is there a local WAIX-enabled mirror for SUSE stuff?

If you find one, let me know - I'm going to Germany, which I suspect is
not on WAIX ;-)

> Are Novell locking down the "updates" and making you pay for
> "maintenance"?

If they are they're doing a really bad job of it - such that I don't see
any problems.

My Hovercraft is full of eels.
   --Monty Python's Flying Circus

Linux Counter user #306629