[plug] Is anyone using siproxyd with iinet's "iinetphone"?

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 21 09:06:27 WST 2005

William Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> writes:

>Is anyone using siproxd with iinet's "iinetphone"?  Iam having problems
>trying to connect from behind an iptables firewall and want to check my
>configuration:

>grep -v\# /etc/siproxd.conf

>________________________________
>if_inbound  = eth1 #LAN
>if_outbound = eth0 #ADSL modem

erm... not that I know *anything* significant about SIP and proxying
(as I'm going through similar pains, when time permits) but could it
be that the NAT is being done on the ADSL modem?

In that case you either need another siproxy on the modem, or
perform NAT on your (firewall) system where the siproxy is
running. That may require your to run the ppp on your firewall as
well with your modem acting as a bridge.

Let us know how you go with that.

\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | German words of the year 2005:
 X   against HTML mail     | Bundeskanzlerin Tsunami Gammelfleisch
/ \  and postings          | Sadly, in that order.