[plug] linux.conf.au 2006: Just over a month to go!

Mike Beattie mike at ethernal.org
Thu Dec 22 16:21:34 WST 2005

2006 - Dunedin, NZ!

linux.conf.au is the annual Australian Linux technical conference, and is
one of the largest gatherings of users and developers of Free and Open
Source Software in the Southern Hemisphere.  It is an opportunity for
developers and groups to present their ideas amongst peers, and for the Free
Software and Open Source communities to gather in general.

The 2006 conference is being held in Dunedin, New Zealand, at The University
of Otago[1].  More information can be found on the conference website:

http://lca2006.linux.org.au/

A "heads up" from the linux.conf.au 2006 Organising team.

      With just over a month to go before the start of linux.conf.au 2006,
      we feel it's time to let those that have not heard, hear, and give
      those that have a reminder that time to register is running short.

      linux.conf.au 2006 will be held at the University of Otago in the
      remarkable city of Dunedin, New Zealand from the 23rd - 28th of
      January 2006.

      With just over 200 seats left, that are filling fast, you'll need to
      decide soon if you're going to join us for the best LCA yet! If you're
      worried about accommodation, We still have over 200 beds available at
      University College, the student residential hall we've organised for
      the duration of the conference.

      As usual, the first two days of the conference are occupied by
      Miniconfs - This year we have a great selection:
          * Debian Miniconf
          * Education Miniconf
          * Embedded Miniconf
          * Gnome.conf.au Miniconf
          * Linux Digital Arts Miniconf
          * Openoffice.org Miniconf
          * Open Source Developers Workshop
          * SysAdmin Miniconf

      Along with the above Miniconfs[1], we have an excellent program[2]
      full of the worlds best and brightest speakers[3] covering a diverse
      range of subjects that we're sure will have something to offer
      anyone with Linux in their blood. So don't miss out, head on over to
      http://lca2006.linux.org.au/ and get yourself registered[4] for what
      is promising to be the biggest and most memorable linux.conf.au yet!

Please feel free to forward this announcement to your local LUG, or any
other person or group that you feel would be interested!

[0]: http://www.otago.ac.nz/
[1]: http://lca2006.linux.org.au/miniconfs.php
[2]: http://lca2006.linux.org.au/program.php
[3]: http://lca2006.linux.org.au/speakers.php