[plug] David's ADSL Problem

Chris Tognela ctognela at threedd.com
Fri Dec 23 14:18:25 WST 2005

Hi to the list! I've recently joined the list (down Mandurah way) and
have been following this one with interest.

 From what I've read, David can connect the ADSL modem and receive an IP
from the modem, yet cannot browse the Internet or receive email.

I have had the exact same problem in the past with a D-Link DSL300+.
With this particular modem, it takes the MAC address of the NIC that
it's plugged into at the time and ties itself to it.

If you plug the modem into a different computer with a different MAC
address, you'll get David's symptoms. To fix the issue, all I had to do
with the DSL300+ was delete and recreate the account through the browser
administration pages, thus tying the modem to the new MAC address.

I'm not sure about Netcomm modems, but I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Chris

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0551-4, 12/22/2005
Tested on: 12/23/2005 2:18:27 PM