[plug] David's ADSL Problem

Daniel Pearson gpearson at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 27 12:52:58 WST 2005

Just an update on it for you Harry - I just popped around to his place
to have a look.

The modem is all setup and working, going through the modem's webpage it
appears to be in router mode, and doing a ping from the modem through
it's interface it can successfully ping 203.0.178.191.

Now, on the PC /sbin/ifconfig brings up 192.168.1.100 (through DHCP) as
the IP address, with the broadcast as what it should be also.

/etc/resolv.conf
search
nameserver 192.168.1.1

I could ping the modem (192.168.1.1), however was unable to ping
203.0.178.191.

Typing in "route" only showed the loopback.

Firewall in the way?

Wasn't too sure on how exactly the distro is setup (even though it's
based on Debian) and didn't want to play around with it in case I get a
slap on the knuckles from you! :-)

So that's pretty much where its up to, take it as you will as to where
to go to from here.