[plug] ubuntu

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Tue Feb 1 21:05:13 WST 2005

Hi

I have just installed ubuntu.  Only 2 glitches:  It took me a couple of minutes to figure out the manual partitioning, and I only allocated 600MB for /var & 1GB for /tmp and ran out of space getting updates.

That aside, I took the default installation path which told me root login was disabled by default, and that I could get at root privileges using sudo.

Unfortunately sudo is password protected and I have yet to find what it might be in the documentation.

Also, because of a file structure error, grub is not giving me the option of booting Windows.

Does anyone know what the initial root password is?

TIA
Jim