[plug] Ubuntu Repositries - Setting up of

Joel Johnson jjohnson at westnet.com.au
Wed Feb 2 12:57:07 WST 2005

Hi folks, have just started using Ubuntu and have a question regarding
setting up the repositories. Having come from Redhat/Mandrake, the setup
of the repositories seem a little more involved.

I've located the Mirrors at http://mirror.pacific.net.au and set up
warty, warty-updates, warty-security distributions (both deb and deb-src
for each) by duplicating the default US-based entries (and then
disabling these US-based mirrors). Seems to be working correctly.

What I'd like to know is what the differences are between the different
sections? The Help file hints at this section and then directs to a web
page on Debian that doesn't seem to even mention anything about it. And
can't find anything within Ubuntu's FAQ's on the website either.

And thanks to Bernard for handing out the CDs for Ubuntu at the Xmas
get-together. Seems to work a lot faster than Mandrake 10 did on my
PIII-800Mhz laptop. Might even go a Custom install on my home machine
and remove Mandrake from there as well.

Joel