[plug] IMAP access to Evolution data stores

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Wed Feb 2 13:30:44 WST 2005

Howdy folks,

I have a machine at home running Evolution and popping mail off an
external server.

When I'm at work I want to set up an SSH tunnel to this home machine and
access the Evolution data stores via IMAP - using Evolution on the work
machine.  This is to look at _old_ emails, I've already got solutions to
deliver the new ones to both places.

Would this require that the home machine be accessing this data via IMAP
in the first place, or is there an IMAP server out there which can read
the data directly from the Evolution directory and make sense of it?

Has anyone done exactly this or know how possible it is?

Thanks,

Ryan