[plug] Newcomers' welcome (revised)

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sat Feb 5 19:57:29 WST 2005

On 5 Feb 2005 at 19:41, James Devenish wrote:

James you appear to be putting a great deal of effort into this, I appreciate that.

But if I may, could I perhaps suggest.

Greet new subscribers with a short but cordial welcome, and indicate to them that participation on
the mailing list is subject to certain rules of etiquette.

Recommend to them that they read these rules and provide a link for them to access the
comprehensive list of rules that your current welcome contains.

I am inclined to think that many new subscribers may not even bother to  read the current list
anyway.

Regards Arie