[plug] With a White Flag

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sun Feb 6 16:10:58 WST 2005

On 6 Feb 2005 at 14:24, Chris Caston wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 22:11, Arie Hol wrote:
> > My reasons for resigning form PLUG are based on three factors :
> >
> > 1 - The question - "What has PLUG got, to offer me ?"
> > 2 - The question - "What do I have, to offer PLUG ?"
> > 3 - My inability to rationalise the middle ground between 1 & 2.
> >

> Arie,
>
> This post strikes me as quite odd.
>
> Is everything else okay?
>
> regards,

Probably because I am an odd person. ;-)

Sorry if my post has caused any concern for you, but I got to the point where the 'double
standards' got the better of me.

There are some issues that I have raised that do not involve the general membership of PLUG, these
I have raised with the committee. In time I am sure that PLUG as a whole will benefit the most.

I accept that  a mailing list is a dynamic and often volatile entity in its own right, but certain
aspects of PLUG  have finally got to me. My resignation and the above post were all I could do to
try and make my point.

I don't want to offend anyone, but by nature I'm not one to back down from a fight - some of the
things that have been said at the AGM and on the list really needed to be said.

I would  like very much to be able to "pick up the ball and run with it" but I tend to avoid
situations where people rely on me, because there are often times when I am unreliable due to
medical circumstances, which are often unpredictable with uncertain duration.

PLUG is a great place to be, but some 'things' need to be 'fixed', I think that now it may be
possible to start getting the changes to happen.

If you want to know more, don't hesitate to ask but please do not be offended if I don't give the
answer you hope for.

I genuinely appreciate your concern, you are one of the people at PLUG for whom I have a high
regard.

Strangely though - I know your name but not your face.

Take care.

Regards Arie