[plug] getting glx graphics working

Carl Gherardi carl.gherardi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 12:33:17 WST 2005

Hey Innis,

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 12:17:58 +0800, Innis Cunningham <innisc at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
> I am trying to get GLX/opengl to work on Mandrake 10
> but everytime I remove the commented out section
> about GLX  in the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file and reboot the computer
> the line Load glx has been commented out again.
> What am I missing.

Not sure about that, but you may not be saving the file using vi.

> I used vi to modify the file but think I screwed up somewhere because
> now every time I go to open this file with vi it gives a warning about a
> swap file.Would this be the reason my changes are not working.
> How do I get rid of this swap file as I dont seem to be able to find it.

It will start with a '.' so a normal ls wont see it use 'ls -al' you
are looking for a file in /etc/X11 (probably) called
.XF86Config-4.swap

That file will be protected and only editable by root (or sudo) you
may need to do a

':wq!'

to get the file to write out properly.

Carl G