[plug] getting glx graphics working

Bob Linus bob0linus at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 01:48:11 WST 2005

I had a similar configuration problem with Mandrake for another type
of config file.  You might need to look at msec (Mandrake's scheduled
security program that runs every 5 minutes) and make sure it's not
replacing key files on security autopilot.  I would change something
and msec would put the original files back.  It was annoying.

Comment out these lines and run glxgears to test 3d.
/usr/X11R6/bin/glxgears

/etc/X11/xorg.conf
# This loads the GLX module
#    Load       "glx"
# This loads the DRI module
#    Load       "dri"

# Section "DRI"
#    Mode 0666
# EndSection

Test 3D:
/usr/X11R6/bin/glxgears

A good way to test x-windows config without rebooting is to "startx --
:1" from a tty login screen (CTRL-ALT-F1 or F2) and switch the display
with CTRL-ALT-F8.  CTRL-ALT-F7 is your original x ":0" display.