[plug] A newbie question - navigation

Michael Vandine mikevandine at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 7 13:07:04 WST 2005

Hi all,

I'm a real newbie!  The company that I do technical support for (they are based in the US) has just released a version of their DBMS and RAD (Rapid Application Development) systems for Linux.  This was previously only available on Windows and Novell.

I haven't had any training on Linux and only know my way around it enough to install the software and make it work well, but I would like to learn a lot more.  I'm not really interested in rebuilding operating systems, etc. but want to really come to grips with where everything is (navigation, etc.).  I have only used Windows and a bit of DOS in the past (I know, *sacrilege*!!
;--)), and with Linux I'm not really sure how to get to everything I need to get to.

The current Linux version I am using is Suse 9.1 server.  Does anyone know of any tutorials, etc. that would assist me in coming to grips with this new OS?

TIA for any help you can provide.

Best regards,

Mike