[plug] getting glx graphics working

Innis Cunningham innisc at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 7 15:45:59 WST 2005

>Innis Cunningham wrote:
>
> > but everytime I remove the commented out section
> > about GLX  in the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file and reboot the computer
> > the line Load glx has been commented out again.
> > What am I missing.
> > I used vi to modify the file but think I screwed up somewhere because
> > now every time I go to open this file with vi it gives a warning about a
> > swap file.

Thanks Guys
I have managed to get rid of the swap files but the original problem
remains
Modify the XF86Config-4 file to uncomment the "Load glx" line save the file.
Check with KWrite the line is uncommented.
Re Boot the computer, check with KWrite the line is commented out again.
I can not understand what is happening.Unlees something is detecting that
I dont have the software to allow glx to run.
Thanks for any help.

Cheers
Innis