[plug] sshd help (take2) [UNCLASSIFIED]

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Tue Feb 8 22:05:10 WST 2005

At 01:57 PM 8/02/2005, Clark Julian wrote:

<big snip>

>Hi Denis,
>
>I've been using sshd under gentoo without any difficulties.
>It seems strange to me, because mine worked pretty much straight out of
>the box.

Thanks Julian.

That is what happened with my first two (2004.1 and 2004.2) installations,
with all of my Debian boxes and with a couple of test installs of RH.   I
had pretty much the It Just Works expectation!

>Maybe there's a problem with your sshd configuration file
>Perhaps you could post the contents of /etc/conf.d/sshd

Glad to but I'm at home now, the machine is in Perth.   I'll try to get
someone to send it to me tomorrow and I can look at it / post it
then.   From memory I did not have top mess around with that file on
experiences.   Thanks.   Do you recall having to edit it?

Cheers,
Denis