[plug] sshd help (take2)

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Tue Feb 8 22:10:14 WST 2005

Thanks Russell.

At 07:56 PM 8/02/2005, Russell Steicke wrote:
>I haven't read the other replies in detail, so I apologise in advance
>if this has already been mentioned.
>
>Is your sshd process in debug mode somehow?  This is turned on with
>the -d switch.  According to the man page it only processes one
>connection at a time if you do that.  There doesn't seem to be a
>sshd_config option to turn that on.  On debian /etc/default/ssh is
>where you'd put random args to pass to sshd.  Perhaps gentoo has
>something similar?

No, not in debug mode (yet!)   Craig Ringer suggested that but I have not
been able to get into Perth to sit at the console.   I may have given the
wrong impression - it is not so much that it can process only one
connection at a time, it is just that when it misbehaves, only one
connection seems possible and that is blocked somehow.

Cheers,
Denis