[plug] Ncurses-devel for Mandrake 10

Innis Cunningham innisc at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 12 19:34:22 WST 2005

Thanks guys

  Michael writes

>So far nobody has pointed out the obvious... Its asking for
>libncurses-devel meaning its looking for the header files, not the
>libraries. Aside from that, type urpmi libncurses5-devel and thats it.

No the kernel source code 2.4.25 is looking for ncurses-devel and the
only packages available for mandrake are the libncurses-devel5 packages.
As said maybe it is bad packaging.But what is the work around.As I do all
my installs from the KDE GUI I may need some help if I have to install these
packages from the command line.Would I be right in assuming that to do
this I would CD into the directory were the rpm is and issue the command
Install package xyz or is it a bit more complex than this

>Regards
>Michael Collard
>
>On Sat, 12 Feb 2005, simon wrote:
>
>>Maybe Im showing MY noob status, but I fail to see how a symlink will
>>help.....
>>
>>Unless the kernel source is looking for ncurses.so and not libncurses.so?
>>
>>Just install libncurses-devel, and then install the kernel source with
>>--nodeps or equivalent.
>>
>>Probably just bad packaging.

Thanks again
Cheers