[plug] ** February Hacker Night Notice **

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Tue Feb 15 09:36:32 WST 2005

PLUG Hacker Night

When:  Thursday 17 February, 7:30pm - 11:00pm

Where: Central Chemical Consulting
       Unit 1, 11 Narloo Street
       Malaga

Since the new Computer Angels distro (which has been worked on in
previous months' hacker nights) is now nearing completion, this
Thursday we would like to see as many PLUGgers as possible turn up
with hardware to test for compatibility with the CA distro.  We're
mainly interested in hardware that is known to work with other
distributions of Linux, particularly

    - ink-jet printers (parallel and USB)
    - digital cameras
    - USB thumb drives and other storage devices
    - scanners

Or do the usual hacker night thing and turn up with your own project
that you want to work on, and have an opportunity to work on it and
talk about it or show it off to others with relatively few distractions.

There will be a pizza order, bring a few dollars if you want some.

Since Malaga is, well, rather non-central, you may also wish to
arrange lifts with others.

Further details (including directions) are on the PLUG web site at

        http://www.plug.org.au/events/hacker

Regards,

Cameron.