[plug] KDE process needs manual termination

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Wed Feb 16 22:56:20 WST 2005

Hi

Can anyone shed light on this?

1001:~:$ ps aux
USER       PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ  RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
<snip>
jim       4268 92.2  1.1 25212 12304 ?       R    11:16 633:18 kdeinit:
kded

I'm not sure which application was responsible for starting this
process, but I stopped everything that was identified in the task bar.
All appeared to terminate ok, but this process was left over.

kill -9 4286 is required to get rid of it.  I seem to be getting it at
least once a day.  A fresh install (MDK 10.1 Official) has made no
difference.

TIA
Jim