[plug] Power surges and Modems

Joong Cho joongcho at westnet.com.au
Thu Feb 17 08:31:16 WST 2005

Hey all,

Does anyone use the Netcomm NB1300 Plus ADSL modem and did anyone else have
issues with this modem after the power surge over the weekend? I did, and
that's why I'm getting a replacement modem. I tried unplugging the modem for
ten seconds and even pressing the power button at the back, but nothing
happened. Even restarting the computer didn't work.

The DSL-504 router have no problems with this issue, but I'm having dropout
issues with that modem, that's why I made the switch.

If anyone uses the above modem and was able to reestablish connection,
please do explain on how you did it?

Also, does anyone bring or have a smaller monitor that I can borrow for the
PLUG night. I need to have my mail server set up.

Thanks.

Joong Cho
Joong Cho Enterprises
President

Web Site Administrator and Web Site Designer
http://www.joongcho.com/
http://www.startreklibrary.com/