[plug] Dual boot Debian 64 / XP pro on Athlon64

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Sun Feb 20 11:12:38 WST 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 00:35, Chris Caston wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A customer has requested that I quote her on a Athlon 64 machine dual
> booting between XP professional and Linux.
>
> I haven't dual booted (pure Debian all the way) in years so am wondering
> if it is easy to setup these days with the sarge installer and grub.
> Anyone tried it recently? What should I look out for?
>
> Is there any issues dual booting between Debian for Athlon 64 arch and
> the 32bit Windows XP pro?
>
> thanks,
>
> Chris Caston

OK I think I will have to use the sid iso for Athlon 64.

I'm considering using a MSI:
SKT754/VK8M800/VGA/AGP/DDR400/L/FW/S/R

Any ideas what the board is like for Linux support or if the installer
should support installing to the SATA drive with its SATA chipset?

Otherwise I may just put in a PATA drive to install Linux to.

Is it possible to configure GRUB these days to boot into XP from the
menu?

thanks,

Chris