[plug] SUSE network install

Quintin Lette qlette at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 05:05:37 WST 2005

I am network installing SUSE 9.2 from my lan.

all I did was copy the contents of the dvd to my webserver (read: all
in one linux server) to the directory /var/www/SuSE/9.2.

I actually boot from the 1st CD (I network install for speed, not lack
of dvd-rom), but you can download a boot.iso from any SUSE mirror (eg:
http://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/suse/i386/9.2/iso/SUSE-Linux-9.2-mini-installation.iso
which is 64mb)

I then choose http on the boot screen (F3) and install over http (the
rest of the install steps are the same as cd/dvd)

I hope that helps

Cheers
Quintin