[plug] OT: quick question for the skype enthusiast

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 21 15:52:22 WST 2005

You can check the settings by a quick "cat /dev/dsp" which will tell you
if the audio path is working.  What this does not do (and this includes
just turning things on) is tell you if you are over driving or similar
problems, have distorted audio etc.  In the end, the mic I was using
turned out to have an intermittant break so I will have to get an new
one tonight :(

The party on the other end is not techy, so a quicktest "how do I sound"
doesnt always work well - the one I did last night came back "sorta ok,
I can understand you but ..."

BillK